To have charisma is to have an attitude, a way of being or even a personality that arouses the admiration of others. In general, this is a natural quality, but it is entirely possible to learn to be charming.
Men who are endowed with it attract opportunities, seduce, have an unshakeable self-confidence and succeed quite easily in what they undertake. But how to do it ? Here are some answers.
The definition of charisma
Having charisma is an ability to influence others through one’s personality. A charismatic person has a real power of attraction allowing him to seduce his interlocutor to put him in confidence. This is a good summary of the definition of charisma.
Having charm is a quality that generates several others, namely:
- An ability to create links: the person concerned maintains good relations with others. Communication is his asset. He knows how to listen, understand and feel empathy, even if his interlocutor is complex.
- A power of seduction: beyond the sentimental domain, a charismatic person seduces others (men and women) by his language, his way of being and his behavior.
- An ability to mobilize several people: the charismatic manages to convince others to approve an idea or to work together on a project, naturally.
- A propensity to arouse admiration: having charisma is naturally attractive and arouses desire in others.
- A go-getter: someone charismatic is determined to achieve their goals and they give themselves the means to get there.
Be careful, you should not confuse being charismatic with being a leader, although you can have both qualities at the same time (it would even be ideal). A leader is always at the top of a project or a company, but he is not necessarily admired by others.
RELATED: 10 BEHAVIOURS THAT ATTRACT PEOPLE LIKE A MAGNET
How to be charismatic: 7 useful tips
1. Dare to take the lead
Having charisma means not being afraid to be the first to act. The charismatic proposes to his entourage to embark on a project. He establishes an action plan and makes sure to convince others to follow his idea.
Starting by being an example is necessary to make others want to approve of your future ideas. Practice taking initiative in simple everyday things. Impose a schedule, find tips to make your life easier or take on some responsibility at home.
Do not wait for others to decide to start an action. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and approach strangers. This will naturally develop your charisma.
2. You can’t please everyone
You risk pushing everyone away by trying to please at all costs. The great charismatic figures of history knew this. Part of the crowd follows them and the rest hates them.
It is practically impossible to be charismatic and to be liked by everyone. It is essential to keep your personality, even if it displeases some people. Defend your ideas and opinions. Don’t be afraid of the opinions of others.
People who aren’t afraid to show their personality are naturally attractive. It is possible that so much audacity may shock some at first, but they will eventually get used to it and may even envy you.
3. Be true to your principles
Being charismatic implies knowing how to keep one’s principles and convictions in life. When you have an idea, you can make it happen and even convince other people to participate.
You should, however, stay focused on your goals, no matter what problems you encounter. Above all, you must be able to reassure his “followers”, even in the event of a critical situation. This stability engenders respect and, in particular, trust.
On the other hand, someone charismatic can make mistakes. In the event of the unexpected, revising the plans is not a failure. All this while faithfully keeping the same guideline.
RELATED: 15 TIPS TO SUCCEED ON A FIRST DATE!
4. Believe in your qualities
An individual with charisma knows that he has a certain potential compared to others. It is essential to first become aware of your strengths. Once you are aware of your qualities, you can put them to use in everyday life.
When you believe in yourself and your abilities, it shows. Others realize that you are a self-confident person. They will naturally trust you, in turn. Your insurance will reassure them. To have charisma is to exploit your potential.
5. Excel in teamwork
Being charismatic is often synonymous with success. Nevertheless, it remains important to remain humble and altruistic. Avoid being selfish, because it is a fault that others deplore.
Above all, you must not have a big head. On the contrary. Charisma must be accompanied by the ability to listen. Moreover, success is rarely achieved alone. Cultivate a team spirit to have charm. Prioritize “we” over “I”. Encourage others, praise them, give feedback and help them achieve success too.
RELATED: The effect of charismatic leaders on followers’ memory, error detection, persuasion and prosocial behavior
6. Be trustworthy
Being charismatic also means inspiring confidence. To do this, learn to:
- Stay positive: always try to see the glass as half full. Avoid constantly complaining or criticizing others during a conversation. Trade negativity for optimism, and you’ll find that others will enjoy chatting with you. In the event of a critical situation, analyze the event and look for solutions instead of feeling sorry for yourself.
- Articulate clearly and confidently: Speak clearly, varying your tone of voice and speaking rate to captivate your interlocutor/audience. Do not hesitate to practice in front of a mirror or to record yourself speaking to evaluate yourself, in order to have charisma.
7. Express yourself through body language
Your body language reflects your personality: confident, open, determined, indecisive, shy or even reserved. These signs will influence the perception of others, hence the need to work at this level to be charismatic.
If you want to have charisma, you must adopt a few simple tips to convey the best image of you:
- Pay attention to gestures: your state (sad, happy, stressed or nervous) is manifested by your gestures. Be sure to master them, even if you don’t feel well, to be charismatic.
- Adopt a good posture: a charismatic individual stands up straight and walks with confidence. He supports his words with his hands, instead of crossing them in front of his chest or putting them in his pockets.
- Look your interlocutor straight in the eye to be charismatic.
- Smile: Be cheerful when greeting and talking to someone. This relaxes the atmosphere and comforts the interlocutor.
Do you want to be charming? It involves real work on yourself. To naturally attract others, you must first appreciate yourself.
Then learn to reach out to others and always listen. Finally, constantly keep a positive attitude to give off a natural charm.
It’s good, you’re ready to seduce others and develop your charming side in love or at work.
RELATED:HOW TO DRESS WELL: THE 11 RULES ALL MEN SHOULD LEARN